Wednesday, December 4, 2013

not so {un}birthday.

now that the birthday celebrating is OFFICIALLY over,
i can't shout out my thank yous enough to everyone who made everything so incredibly fun and special.
i am consistently amazed at the good people i have who surround every angle of my life.

thee pre-birthday friday morning kicked off without an alarm,
{yes, i actually took a day off of work. shocker, i know!}
i got right into things baking my birthday cake of dreams and then it was off to lunch & shopping.
and okay, i DID swing by my office to pick something up, but it was a birthday present so please forgive. i'm just greedy like that.
after a late morning out and about i spent my afternoon decorating my cake,
{3 hours to be exact} 
and then got my pretty on for the big party.

i dragged the absolute loves of my life to see the game of my life as the ducks took on the lightening at the honda center.




 i can't tell you how warm & happy it made me to look down 2 rows and see nothing but my favorite people watching hockey with me.
one of the things i kept imagining leading up to the game was worst case scenarios:
1.) the ducks lose to tampa without scoring. 
{you HAVE GOT to hear that goal horn to know the fun hockey can offer}
or
2.) no one would score the entire game. 
{this has never happened to me, i was being dramatic}
so imagine my surprise when...
NO ONE SCORED THE ENTIRE GAME.
yep, apparently i wasn't being dramatic because we were in a 0-0 tie by the end of 3 fights and 60 minutes of play.
so we went into one of my favorite/most gut wrenching parts of hockey: sudden death overtime.
from a technical perspective, we needed to score in overtime because with the way the tampa bay goalie was playing - we wouldn't survive a shootout.
from a fun perspective - shootouts are pretty grand.
but to save a bad ending on my big day, the ducks scored with FIVE seconds left in overtime for the big birthday win.
you couldn't even hear the goal horn sound because the cheering was SO loud.
it was the perfect ending.
i couldn't have written it better myself.

after the game we headed over to my house for dinner and dessert and presents, all accompanied to a 100% katy perry soundtrack.
duh.


after the mountain of sparkly apparel and girly accessories and blackhawks gear had been unopened it was pretty apparent my people know me to the core of my soul!
{i mean, i'm now the proud owner of a sparkly calvin klein winter hat AND a blackhawks rug...yes, A RUG!}

thee actual birthday morning was kicked off with our family tradition of going out to the christmas tree farm in the hills.
i always love running through the trees trying to grab the perfect tree before someone else claims it as sold.
this year i wore the wrong shoes {story of my life}, so there was a little less running on my part, but we found the tree anyway.
then it was off to family breakfast at this brand new restaurant in town, the broken yoke.
best customer service i have received in a LONG time, so if you have one in your area GIVE IT A TRY.
i got home and was surprised by a delivery of thee MOST beautiful boquet of flowers from one of my best friends who couldn't celebrate with us on friday night.
suuuuheriously, i have the best people ever.
that afternoon i took a 3 1/2 hour, i-work-really-hard-in-my-life-and-totally-want-to-be-lazy-on-my-birthday, nap.
and then to my complete surprise, my brother & sister-in-law picked me up last minute for a night of fun and surprises.

they took me to the cheesecake factory for dinner and then 10,000 calories later we headed to see catching fire.
all the while being super kind and letting me check the hockey scores every 10 seconds  
{hawks AND ducks won...hip happy birthday to me!}

after the movie we walked back to the car from downtown disney rather than taking the tram.
the sky was perfectly clear from the rain earlier and from the top of the parking structure you could see the lights of downtown los angeles! {you know me and city lights}
and i thought to myself...life sure doesn't get any better than this.

so, once again, to everyone who contributed to celebrating with me...thank you, thank you, thank you.
i'm so glad you and i fit so perfectly like we do.
xoxo.

2 comments:

  1. hey nice post mehn. I love your style of blogging here. The way you writes reminds me of an equally interesting post that I read some time ago on Daniel Uyi's blog titled How To Get A Girl That’s Playing Hard To Get .
    keep up the good work.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome birthday. You definitely deserve it. Also, as I was scrolling down Gabriella happened to look just as the picture of you with your cake came on the screen. She pointed at you and exclaimed, 'Oooo, pretty!!" :)

    ReplyDelete