Wednesday, February 20, 2013

just fight like a girl.

"She is my friend. She's my family. My insides. She will be fine because she has to be fine. 
That's how important she is to me."
carrie bradshaw

 i found out a few weeks ago that one of my most dear and absolute best friends in the entire world has been diagnosed with cancer.
it's funny because i never imagined things like this would happen to my people at this stage in our lives.
we are young. she is young.
she has a darling husband and 2 beautiful baby girls and teaches high school in utah.
she is funny and beautiful and adventurous and the kind of mom i hope to one day be 1/2 as good as.
and now she is in for the fight of her life.

i think the thing i am most amazed at is not only her courage but that even through this storm she continues to be such an example to me of a woman who never loses faith in all the good this world has to offer.
even on her worst days she is braver than i will ever be.
i hope she knows that fact doesn't go unnoticed.

but because life is life and there is never really a convenient time for a tragedy like this to happen,
she and her sweet family could use any help you have to give.
if you can, scan over to the right of my page and you will see i added a button for all of us to contribute to her fight in any small way we can.
no amount is too small.
now i secretly watch all the hits this lovely blog gets on a daily basis so i know you are out there.
 i mean, you helped me win not one but TWO blogging awards with all your votes!!
{remember that?!?!}
so if there is one thing i know and am deeply proud of about my readers it is that you have, most likely unknowingly, created a community through this page.
you are part of my community that i hold dear and take personally.
my little/big bergdorf family.
and one of our family is in need. 

i know you don't know her,
so this will most likely begin to fall on deaf ears because giving even a little bit of something you work so hard for to a complete stranger is indeed one of the last things any of us wants to do.
but you know me and i know her and i love her.
so so much.
she is a deeper part of my soul than she will ever know.
 
and i know with the right amount of faith and modern miracles and love and support she will be just fine.
strong and healthy and happy and hilarious throughout the rest of her days as my best friend.
because i have never met someone who deserves good to come her way as much as my dear adrienne.
xoxo. and thank you.

ps - follow her blog here {justfightlikeagirl.blogspot.com} and leave any happy notes you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment